RE: ESRI ArcSDE application

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 12:00:23 -0400

We installed Oracle RDBMS and ARcSDE on one machine which is very acceptable. We have ArcIMS - which is the app. server on a separate host. It is our policy to have app. servers separate from database servers. For performance, security, maintenance it seems best.

You want to look at the dbtune tables and get familiar with both ArcGIS and ArcSDE commands.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org]On Behalf Of Fuad Arshad Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 11:42 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: ESRI ArcSDE application

We're working on an ArcSde migration from sqlserver to oracle. i believe the version is 8.2 i was wondering if anyone had any gotchas or any information that we shoudl know. mind you the consultant we have has no clue of either unix nor oracle. Also the consultants are recommending installing app on the database server instead of an app server. This is something i dont like and if anyone has done so reason why is it necessary ?.

Thanks

Fuad Arshad