RE: AD_APPLIED_PATCHES

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2004 09:30:25 -0500

Mike - I find it ironic that the CFOs got the big stock options from the questionable practices that have caused the crackdowns, but the lowly DBAs are taking the brunt of the post Enron paranoia.

    My favorite auditor story. Years ago I worked for a time-sharing provider and we were being subjected to an NRC audit. The auditor looked like a veteran high school principal and kind of scared us all. He was filling out a form and asked us the nature of our business. My boss expansively stated that "we sell computing cycles", hoping to derail the audit into an irrelevant conversation. The auditor didn't reply so we glanced at each other, impressed with how savvy this non-I.T. person was. He asks some more questions from his form, then asks "and where do you store the unused computer cycles?". We all kind of groaned.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

From: Mike Hennesy [mailto:orcl9ps8dba_at_yahoo.com] Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 8:53 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: AD_APPLIED_PATCHES

I am running an Oracle 8.1.7.3 database and have an auditor who is requesting that I produce a listing of all the rows in the table APPLYSY.AD_APPLIED_PATCHES. The problem I have is that table doesn't exist. We do NOT have Oracle applications and I believe that this is a table that comes with Oracle Apps 11i.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

The auditor is insistent that the table should be there and is wondering what I'm trying to hide. If you can confirm this is an Oracle Apps table for me or let me know what I should run if it is just a script that I should have run that I missed.

All replies will remain confidential; I'm just trying to verify my sanity.

Thanks - Mike

Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! <http://messenger.yahoo.com/> Messenger