Re: Web Forms = Developer Forms + Reports?

From: Teresa Redmond <oracle_at_pixelmeow.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 11:51:28 -0400

> Teresa,

> If you have support from Oracle, then your toolset upgrades
> as well as the DB are free, so you could upgrade the tools
> to 6i there again 6.0 to 6i there were mostly a bunch of
> bug fixes, if I remember correctly.

The support was allowed to lapse before I came to this group, so we have no recourse there.

> The forms and reports server provided with the toolset have
> a limited license which if I'm not mistaken is for development
> purposes only. At this point your options are limited.

So if we were to go to production, we'd have to pay for support, which would give us the upgrade anyway, anyway, right? Which comes right back to the customer's refusal to upgrade the Oracle anyway. Sigh.

> When we were
> running client server what we use to do is house the forms and
> reports executables in a share folder on a network drive, and
> run everything from there. Of course loading the forms client
> on the client machines. The drawback on this is network speed, but
> that should be somewhat easy to solve by your network group.

Exactly what we want. I guess the answer is that we can't do it without paying for production usage after we get it running on the test server, right?

--
Teresa Redmond