RE: Database programming standards

From: Freeman, Donald <dofreeman_at_state.pa.us>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:36:51 -0400

1 and 3 I understand. I'm missing something about number 2. If they code their application, using bind variables, why will there be a sql-reuse issue? I would expect that cursors would be shared etc.. And to be fair they haven't said they want to move all of it but I'm not sure what criteria they would use to move which functionality. I kind of expect that they will be forced to learn pl/sql.