Re: Re: DWH loading : Do you use 2 types of tablespaces ?

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 8:07:04 -0400

it depends what you are doing. There are some casees where you want two instances. One that is non-archivelog mode to do your loads, then an archivelog mode database that you push data to with transportable tablespaces.

The answer is 'it depends'.

Why do you need to do an alter table move on your table after ETL? I'm assuming you compacted the table by setting like 99 pctused and 1 pctfree? Why not do that from the beginning?

DWH loading : Do you use 2 types of tablespaces ?

Do your alter table move again, then try to resize your datafiles.