DWH loading : Do you use 2 types of tablespaces ?

From: NGUYEN Philippe (Cetelem) <philippe.nguyen_at_cetelem.fr>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:14:57 +0200

Oracle 9R2,
Tablepsace LMT / extent uniform size

Hi gurus!
after loading my table with an ETL my my_big_table took 22Go. after a "alter table big_table move " --> move in the same tablespace, it decreased to 10 Go.
So, now I want to retrieve the unused space from my tablespace again but reducing datafiles give me an ORA-03297 (files contains used data beyond requested RESIZE value).

I guess alter 'table my_big_table move tablespace an_other_tablespace' would solve the problem so my questions are :
1. For a DWH , do you use to use 2 type of tablespace , one for the loading operation and one for de definitive use. 2. Is there other solution avoid the use of two tablespaces ?

Thanks in advance !
Philippe