RE: RE: Useful Oracle books

From: Michael Thomas <mhthomas_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 07:44:48 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

After reading the comments here on the list about Harrison's book I checked out the publisher's (PTR) web site.

I read Harrison's first edition long ago, and then got the second edition in 2001. Comparing the two editions, there are subtle differences. Some errors in the first edition are edited out of the second, but without explanation. Humm? Too bad.

Some PTR authors (not this book) link to a "companion website" allowing for errata submissions/postings, but Harrison's book has no link to submit and read errata.

http://www.phptr.com/search/support.asp
0130123811

http://vig.prenhall.com/catalog/
academic/product/0,1144,0130123811,00.html

The official support files for the book are at: ftp://ftp.prenhall.com/pub/ptr/database.w-050/oraclesql2/

I think its unfortunate that some publisher's/author's do not consider accepting and publishing current errata. If anyone knows of errata for Harrison's book, please pass it along.

I know O'Reilly' errata for the "Millsap and Holt" and "Tow" books are good. The publisher, author, and editors deserve a *congrats* when they do a good job on book support like these two books.

Regards,

Mike Thomas

Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/