Re: "Hot" tables in Schema

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 08:42:11 +0200

In 10g you can even see the number of scans against each segment. I must point out, although with a weak and humble voice, that this fixed view doesn't have a time-based column, and I have yet to see anywhere in an Oracle database where there's a correlation between number of times something happened and the time it took. But it's only a mild critique. Remember when v$lock wasn't time-enabled? Now that it is we can see the lack of correlation. The same happened in 9i when v$sql suddenly both had elapsed and cpu columns. No correlation (because of the different kinds of LIO's and their very different costs).

Mogens

Mogens