public vs. private synonym internals

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:22:31 -0400

I was on the phone with oracle support recently. We have ORA-600 errors in production pertaining to public synonyms and our IIS middle tier. Neither we nor Oracle know why. We were able to switch to private synonyms and it works for now.

The oracle support person said there are internal oracle docs on the internals and the differences between them, but can't give it to me. Has anyone written any articles on the topic?