Re: Linux for x86 or Intel

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 17:26:07 -0700 (PDT)

Obviously, you have not worked with Oracle Support. You have not attempted to get bug fixes or patches, patchsets in a short amount of time.

Guess how many production releases of Oracle Database Server had been issued that are supported on [Free|Net|Open] BSD?

how about zero?
run it on Linux or some real *nix.

but be my guest to go have fun and wear that badge of honor. Post on /. that you have a Beowulf Cluster of PPCs running Oracle on Mac OS X, I'm sure your karma will love it. maybe you won't ever need to work with Oracle Support and get a bugfix. The thing is, that they are going to have to setup a reproducible test case for themselves and for development in order to get a fix out to you.

(btw - in my experience, patches on win32 take months longer than on lin32, and I've had excellent response in getting issues resolved with 9.2 on lin32).

Pd

Do you Yahoo!?
Friends. Fun. Try the all-new Yahoo! Messenger. http://messenger.yahoo.com/