bug 2322620

From: <Rhojel_Echano_at_sgs.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 18:06:29 +0800

Hi everyone,
Anybody encountered bug 2322620? It manifests as a "Stuck Recovery" situation and according to Oracle support, the only workaround is to allow Oracle to corrupt a block on recovery. In my case, an LOB segment is causing this.
When the archived logs are being applied to Standby DB and changes on an LOB segment are present in the log, the recovery session halts with Ora600.

Here's an excerpt of the bug's text from Metalink:

"For Oracle 8 and Oracle 8i, there is also a hidden init.ora parameter that one can set to tell Oracle to corrupt the block and continue. Contact Oracle Support if you need to use this method. "

If anyone can tell me this parameter, then I'll be very glad to be relieved
from the burden of waiting for Oracle support response.

TIA,
Rhojel Echano