RE: with all this talk about RAC...

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:36:25 -0500

Matt, on which Sun hardware are you referring? E15K or V120 (V100 and = B100 are probably out of the question) or somewhere in between or all of = the above? Just curious.

Also, I still have yet to hear about a completed RAC implementation on = VMS. Clustering is a no-brainer, relative to other platforms, but as = elsewhere has additional license cost. And while VMS allows "mildly" = different OS versions in a cluster (aka "heterogeneous"), I don't think = RAC allows the same for Oracle versions.

Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA