RE: exporting directly from one server to another

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_il.proquest.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 15:37:42 -0400

>From memory, it's been a while since I did this,=20
it goes something like this:

login to destination server:
mknod destination_pipe p
imp file=3Ddestination_pipe <other import options> (now import is blocking on the pipe, waiting for data to arrive. It will patiently wait till it starts receiving data.)

login to source server:
mknod source_pipe p
cat source_pipe | ssh destination_server cat >> destination_pipe (Now the cat and the ssh are blocking on input to the source_pipe.) Finally:
exp file=3Dsource_pipe <other export options>

And you should see the export take off on the source box and a few seconds later, see an import take off on the destination box.

Hope that helps,

-Mark