RE: DELETE FROM table UNRECOVERABLE?

From: Jacques Kilchoer <Jacques.Kilchoer_at_quest.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:48:31 -0700

Unrecoverable was used in Oracle 7.3.4 in a Create Table As Select command to have the create statement behave as NOLOGGING does in Oracle 8.0 and later. In versions after 7.3.4 the UNRECOVERABLE option was still allowed on the CREATE TABLE AS SELECT ... Statement but it was deprecated and the manual said to use NOLOGGING instead. The UNRECOVERABLE clause did not exist for the DELETE command (the "keyword" must be being treated as an alias for the table), and the current NOLOGGING table attribute does not apply to UPDATE or DELETE. So you could just remove the UNRECOVERABLE from the statement. =20