Re: Advanced replication

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 14:47:58 +0200

Hello Seema

With advance replication you select which tables you want to replicate. You can choose all of them or just a few.
Switching to the replicated site can be done in some ways: 1) Your application try to connect to primary database. If the connection fails it try to connect to the secondary database. 2) In tnsnames.ora you define failover for the database. 3) Bring down the failed machine and configure the secondary machine to the same name and tcp/ip address so the network thinks that it is the same machine.

Do not forget to plan what you do after the primary machine is back up and you need to switch back.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish