RE: RAC and LMT

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 07:27:27 +1000

Lies, damned lies and LMT's. :)

Whoever told you LMT's were a requirement was wrong. A damn good idea, yes= , but not a requirement.

I haven't played with it much, but I remember hearing from Howard Rogers th=
at the procedure you referred to left a certain amount to be desired from a=
 fragmentation perspective.  Can't recall the details, but if you googled o=
n c.d.o.s you'd find it.

As an aside, you don't need to export/import to achieve what you want. Mov= e the objects online instead if that's preferable.

 =

Pete
 =

"Controlling developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, Oracle DBA Handbook
 =

"Oh no, it's not. It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long-term Oracle DBA