RE: how does oracle support work?

From: April Wells <AWells_at_csedge.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 13:04:12 -0500

Then you chase your Tar around the world. I like it when they go to Australia or India because then I am usually confident that someone will return my call or answer my updates in a reasonable amount of time. I have spend entire nights calling the UK (back when you could actually CALL and maybe get your analyst) every 75 min on a sev 1 tar and I always got someone else who claimed my analyst was indeed in and would return my call in no more than 15 min... or had just gone on break and would call me in no more than 30 min... or was just across the cube wall and would get right back to me. The first night I made lots of coffee and got more and more frustrated. The second night, I viewed it as a game. The third... it was an adventure. Then they got metalink fixed and I could just update the tar 3 times in 90 min and have it set to immediate response required and wait.

=)

April Wells
Oracle DBA/Oracle Apps DBA
Corporate Systems
Amarillo Texas
"Few people really enjoy the simple pleasure of flying a kite" Adam Wells age 11
"Imagination is the highest kite one can fly." Lauren Bacall

On 05/19/2004 12:49:10 PM, ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net wrote:
> If I open a non-critical tar(one where they want you at your desk 24x7),
it is assigned to one analyst correct?

> What happens if I update the TAR when this analyst is not in the office?

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential and for the intended use of the addressee only; it may also contain proprietary, price sensitive, or legally privileged information. Notice is hereby given that any disclosure, distribution, dissemination, use, or copying of the information by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete this communication, and destroy all copies.

Corporate Systems, Inc. has taken reasonable precautions to ensure that any attachment to this e-mail has been swept for viruses. We specifically disclaim all liability and will accept no responsibility for damage sustained as a result of software viruses and advise you to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.