RE: ora-4031 & large_pool

From: Rachel Carmichael <wisernet100_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 17:46:27 -0700 (PDT)

it gets better....

he did this when the primary DBA on that database was off on vacation. I was not informed of his changes until just before they went in (and that was accidental). I yelled and was told "he knows what he is doing, this is critical for senior management". so he put it into staging.....

and then didn't test it before it went to production several hours later.

I finally got it fixed (took hours until we figured out what was wrong). And he STILL insisted that his changes did nothing.

These days he says "oh, I don't know 9i can you look into this". Right now we are fighting about whether we should be running heavy ad hoc batch (up to 14 jobs at a time) during the day "because senior management needs it". The server is driven to its knees when they run these jobs.

I begin to feel a lot like a Gahan Wilson story "I have no mouth and I must scream"

Do you Yahoo!?
SBC Yahoo! - Internet access at a great low price. http://promo.yahoo.com/sbc/