Re: ora-4031 & large_pool

From: Terry Sutton <terrysutton_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 14:34:49 -0700

<<Are you sure that they use Oracle RDBMS? Just kidding. They DO USE MTS,
otherwise hash area would
be allocated from the process memory and not from the large pool. The only way that hash heap is
allocated from the large pool is if the join is done by the process connected to a shared and not
to the dedicated server.>>

Well, I can't guarantee they're not using MTS, but since DISPATCHERS, MAX_DISPATCHERS, SHARED_SERVERS, MAX_SHARED_SERVERS, CIRCUITS, and SHARED_SERVER_SESSIONS have never been set (i.e., they're at the default values), I'm making the rash assumption that they're not using MTS.

<<Apparently, the instance is haunted.>>

No doubt.

--Terry