RE: help "cloning" a database

From: John P Weatherman <asahoshi_at_infionline.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 13:51:41 -0400

Well, for one thing that 401 arc file has the "end backup" in it. When working off a hot, always recover through the end backup. That means:

Begin backup
Copy all files
end backup
archive log all
copy log files
apply

You may be able to force an open with the datafiles still in backup mode, but I've never done it that way. I have no idea from the SCN standpoint.

FWIW, John P Weatherman
Oracle DBA
Advance America

When it