Re: V$OBJECT_USAGE view for indexes in all schemas

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 17:14:16 -0400

Which version? In 9.2.0.5 I can access object_usage from another DBA user. Here is how it works:

SQL> connect mgogala
Enter password:
Connected.
SQL> select * from sys.object_usage;

no rows selected

SQL>
SQL> desc sys.object_usage

 ----------------------------------------- -------- ---------------------------- OBJ#                                      NOT NULL NUMBER
 FLAGS                                     NOT NULL NUMBER
 START_MONITORING                                   VARCHAR2(19)
 END_MONITORING                                     VARCHAR2(19)

SQL> All you need, besides love, is the way to interpret the "flag" column. This might be helpfull:

SQL> select view_name,text from dba_views   2 where view_name='V$OBJECT_USAGE';

VIEW_NAME

TEXT

V$OBJECT_USAGE
select io.name, t.name,

       decode(bitand(i.flags, 65536), 0, 'NO', 'YES'),

In other words, I believe that your problem is in the version. As Rajendra and Wolfgang have proven, you should upgrade to the version which doesn't know how to merge the query and a subquery. May the force be with you.

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA

Note:
This message is for the named person's use only. It may contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender. You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient. Wang Trading LLC and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity.