RE: Very high count of SQLs parsed by SYS

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 11:32:51 -0700

Hemant,

>I was looking at high version counts of certain statements
>[and couldn't understand why version counts would be high if everything
>runs in the APPS schema in Oracle Apps] when I, literally, stumbled on
>to the fact that SYS was parsing a larger number of the similar SQLs.

>A few posting on MetaLink also showed similar high counts.
>They seem to be
>caused by either
>a)ANALYZE of an underlying object causing dependent SQLs to be
>parsed by
>SYS:783352
>{this from a posting by Mike Ault, but I cannot read the
>actual Bug text}
>b) recursive SQLs

I would focus on the recursive SQLs.... Keep in mind that 11.0.3 does not require that the underlying tablespaces be LMTs (as does 11i) and thus have recursive SQLs for space management transactions. I do not see such high counts in SYS for our 11i databases.

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Grace - Getting something we do NOT deserve Mercy - NOT getting something we DO deserve Click on 'http://www.needhim.org' for Grace and Mercy that is freely available!