Re: Statspack snapshot triggers

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 21:16:02 -0600

I think it's a good idea to create a BEFORE SHUTDOWN trigger to capture any as-yet-uncaptured statistics. After all, why lose them if you don't have to? Those last few minutes prior to instance shutdown might have the most interesting data, after all. I've not experienced any problems with shutdown from it and besides, nothing outwits SHUTDOWN ABORT if the instance has to come down. Certainly, there is no possible threat to recoverability imposed by PL/SQL code.

Source for the BEFORE SHUTDOWN trigger is posted online at "http://www.EvDBT.com/tools.htm", in the script "sp_shutdown.sql"...

Hope this helps...