Re: 10g - ASM

From: Byron Pearce <pearceb_at_tenure.com>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 14:23:33 -0500

[My response got "whacked" because of overquoting. I have trimmed out everything and I am resending. - B]

Lisa:

I have been out of pocket and I am playing catch-up on this thread. If I am misunderstanding what you're trying to do, then please correct me. However, it sounds like you're trying to startup the ASM instance with the LOCAL_LISTENER parameter set.

The ASM instance uses (based on my experience and the docs I have read) a very limited subset of the standard INIT.ORA parameters. Very limited. In fact, the following is basically all that is in mine:

If it doesn't relate to the location of the dump files or isn't an ASM specific parameter then it probably won't work. From the 10g Admin Guide: "Of those initialization parameters intended for a database instance, only a few are relevant to an ASM instance."

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B13789_01/server.101/b10739/storeman.htm#i1013970

HTH Koivu, Lisa wrote:

>No, unfortunately I am on Windows.=20
>
>I ended up wiping the machine and reinstalling. I'm going to start from
>scratch. This has turned into a holy mess.=20
>
>Thanks everyone. =20

Byron Pearce                         mailto:pearceb_at_tenure.com
Tenure Systems, Inc.                 Dallas/Fort Worth, TX

"It's hard to be a ninja when you wear a beeper."