RE: More spfile goodness

From: Wolfson Larry - lwolfs <lawrence.wolfson_at_acxiom.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:55:47 -0500

        I just had my first distasteful experience with spfile.

        I think we'll change our scripts back to use

@SA #which points to startup pfile={HL}/initACCT.ora
@SAR # startup pfile={HL}/initACCT.ora RESTRICT
@SAF # startup pfile={HL}/initACCT.ora FORCE
@SAM # startup pfile={HL}/initACCT.oram #Month-END

HL-High Level

        I glanced at my class notes and Google but didn't see how to delete the spfile

At revealnet I saw
"This is done by the simple CREATE PFILE FROM SPFILE command. Be aware that Oracle's documentation says that this command will list all the parameters into the INIT.ORA file you just created. It does not dump all the parameters and their values; it only lists the ones in the current SPFILE. Remember also that if you want to startup the database with this INIT.ORA file, you must either remove the SPFILE or use the PFILE option on the STARTUP command."

        So can we just rm this file?

	Thanks
	Larry

The information contained in this communication is confidential, is intended only for the use of the recipient named above, and may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this communication in error, please re-send this communication to the sender and delete the original message or any copy of it from your computer system. Thank You.