RE: Transaction_audit FALSE

From: Mohan, Ross <RMohan_at_thexchange.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 18:18:09 -0400

Duly noted.
I've saved your instruction in my "Try This At Home" file, for execution when my current job description is no longer "It's the Urgent Crap, Stupid"

My anecdotal observation was based only on this -- we spit out about 750MB of redo every 3 minutes and I thought even 10% reduction over a day (we do two cleanouts of our log/arch/dest daily, and it's sized at just shy of half a terabyte ) would make the arch log sweep and volume run better.

But since my SAs did not march into my office with a shiny new revolver for this silver bullet I thought I found, I guess it didn't make much noticeable difference.

Thanks for the helpful paragraphs, and I'll update the list if anything joyous occurs.