RE: More spfile goodness

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 09:43:18 -0400

I have been told by Oracle Support that you really don't need an spfile. There is nothing wrong with using the init.ora and that is what we do. If you use OEM to make a change to a parameter, it gives you a little box that says don't forget to change your init.ora to reflect the change. It says nothing about the spfile. I have found out the hard way that sometimes being on the bleeding edge or Oracle's new technology is counter-productive.

Just my $0.02,
Ruth Gramolini
Oracle DBA
Vermont Department of Taxes