RE: TC Enqueue waits

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 22:57:55 -0400

I can't say that I'm 100% sure about the details, but I can say I was = able to observe this behavior many times in environments that mix oltp = (serial transactions) and Data Warehouses (reports that use PQO).

Also think about the fact, that direct reads go directly to files/TS = where there might be a chance of having some dirty buffers that belong = to that segment & Tablespace that could really affect the = uniqueness/integrity of data being extracted by direct reads.

I'm sure many of the enqueue/X$/v$ experts on this list can correct me = or add more details.

Regards,

Waleed