RE: statement tuning ?

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:53:03 -0700

>Officially, the vendor's policy is that these are not to be changed,
>however, I've had some success using outlines to elicit different
>behaviors for queries of this type.
>
>Try entering an outline with the USE_HASH index hint.

Note though, that this will require that Object statistics be collected. If CBO is 'forced' because of the use of Outlines, and there are no stats on the tables involved, CBO assumes a set of statistics that are ridiculous. For the default values, check the Performance Tuning Guide!

John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)

Listen to great, commercial-free christian music 24x7x365 at http://www.klove.com