RE: Index freelists

From: Hitchman, Peter <Peter.Hitchman_at_thomson.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 12:38:41 +0100

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. From what has been said, there is little to be gained from having many freelists on an index, which explains why there is little literature about the subject. Certainly in our largest database we have local hash partitioned indexes.

Thanks

Pete

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System. For more information please visit http://www.messagelabs.com/email