RE: DBMS_STATS

From: Grabowy, Chris <chris.grabowy_at_lmco.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 08:27:45 -0400

Try Wolfgang's presentation...Using DBMS_STATS in Access Path Optimization...

www.centrexcc.com/Using%20DBMS_STATS%20in%20Access%20Path%20Optimization .ppt.pdf

...its still on my pile of presentations to read.

I have had the pleasure of attending a few of Wolfgang's presentations, and he has a very crisp German (Austrian?) accent.

I keep meaning to mention that he should try an Arnold/Terminator themed presentation....

"Im going to terminate you if you stats are out of date!!".

To a developer...

"This query better execute in .035 seconds or I'm gonna execute you!!!"

Something like that...anyway, if you havent then checkout his other great papers...

http://www.centrexcc.com/