RE: Overhead using a role

From: Justin Cave (DDBC) <jcave_at_ddbcinc.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 12:42:16 -0600

Can you trace the sessions involved and compare the parse and execute times? Any real role overhead would have to be on the parse side of things. If the parse component is the same for the two queries, there is probably something else going on, i.e. data is cached when the second query runs.

Justin Cave
Distributed Database Consulting, Inc.
http://www.ddbcinc.com/askDDBC