RE: 32 bit/64 bit datafile?

From: Ken Payton <Ken.Payton_at_choicepointprg.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 13:45:48 -0400

The difference between 32bit and 64bit is the memory structures, ie. it = allows a larger than 4GB SGA. The bit version of the database does not = modify the blocksize or datafile structures that I am aware of. In fact = I believe you can move your database from 32bit to 64bit with few = changes. I believe it is as simple as changing your ORACLE_HOME to the = 64bit tree(assuming you have already installed it), runing the catalog = scripts and recompile all pl/sql. No data conversions are necessary. =20

Kenny Payton
ChoicepointPRG
Sr. Database Administrator