Re: Wait Stats

From: Fernando <fernandoluis_at_mac.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:44:15 -0700

You can try to use a network analyzer ("sniffer"), like Sniffer itself (formerly from Network Associates), Application Vantage (Compuware), WildPackets, and also an open source one, Ethereal (www.ethereal.com) Some of this tools can rebuild the Oracle SQL from the traffic and they usually are very good at pointing the "guilty party", either an app or even a SQL.

(Disclaimer: I used to work for Compuware in the AppVantage group)

Fernando Pereira
OpTier