Re: Weird listener behavior (9.2.0.4)

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:50:34 +0200

"Goulet, Dick" wrote:

> To All,
>
> I've some really weird behavior coming form the Listener on one of our =
> production boxes. To be fair we did add another instance to this box =
> over the weekend. But once the listener is started and I try to connect =
> to "franklin4", which is an old instance, I get connected instead to =
> "franklin7" which is the one that just got added. Now this is also one =
> of 5 instances on the server, but I still can't figure out why for the =
> first 5 minutes that the listener is up it connects one to the right =
> instance and then starts messing up. I'm appending our listener.ora =
> file just in case someone can find a flaw in my ways.

Dick,

   I don't think that it's a matter of number of instances, I have known a development box with over 40 ...
I don't see anything shocking in your listener.ora file. I infer, possibly wrongly, from your having prespawned processes that you are using dedicated servers. Since it starts properly, it means that the listener connects a new session to the proper pre-spawned process. It should be interesting to check whether you have the same behaviour when you have MORE sessions than prespawned processes - or trying without any prespawned process.
Intuitively, I'd rather think of a problem on the client side - some corruption bringing the client to talk to the wrong port. Have you tried tracing ?

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole