Re: Why "Separating Data and Indexes improves performance" is a myth?

From: Paul Drake <discgolfdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:15:07 -0700 (PDT)

OOH - odd number of disks for RAID 0 >> BRAIN HURTS.

These days, I can only do math in my head in powers of 2.

2 advil plus a dose of the paper at hotsos on "Aligning Oracle Blocks with Hardware Stripe Boundaries".

RAID 1 ( 2 )
RAID 10 ( 4, 8)
RAID 0 ( 1, 2, 4, 8 ) Far better to use that odd number for a hotspare (although a hot spare for RAID 0 is not really worthwhile).

RAID F ... sorry, can't do it.

Pd

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Photos: High-quality 4x6 digital prints for 25¢ http://photos.yahoo.com/ph/print_splash