Has anyone used 10g Rel 1 with Oracle Names?

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:37:57 -0700

Hi all,

In the process of testing 10g rel 1, I see that neither 'namesctl' and associated Onames directories exist, nor does it resolve TNS entries unless made available via tnsnames.ora..... If so, then Oracle has _finally_ implemented its threat to retire Oracle Names (but not resolution via tnsnames.ora!)

This is on a downloaded 10G release on Solaris though, so I am wondering if anyone can test this out in a full release. [I am in the process of ordering the media].

Thanks,
John Kanagaraj <><
DB Soft Inc
Phone: 408-970-7002 (W)