RE: Informatica Bulk Mode behavior

From: Khedr, Waleed <Waleed.Khedr_at_FMR.COM>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 13:22:02 -0400

Multithread is a way Informatica can parallelism the load into the = target using many concurrent sessions.
Since it's direct load, each session will try to allocate its own = extents to load into.

I would check if they have a very high number of threads.

But also since you said the job failed and the table was loaded with = some rows (200K), this indicates that they have low setting for the = commit interval otherwise the table will be empty.

Commit interval should be very high 1 million or higher.

Waleed

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Khedr, Waleed Sent: Thursday, April 22, 2004 10:24 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

I use it. It's using direct load OCI.
Never had your problem.

What is the extent size (initial/next ) for the table? Are they using = =3D
=3D3D
multithread in the mapping?

Waleed