RE: quick pl/sql question

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:54:03 -0400

Does it work if executed by the owner of the package?

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org on behalf of Freeman, Donald Sent: Wed 21/04/2004 18:17
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

It's not the execute you are having problems with. The access you have = to the underlying objects is granted to you through a role. I don't know =
if I'm describing this exactly right but roles aren't referred within = PL/SQL so you have to have direct privs on the objects. =20

Or,You can add "AUTHID CURRENT_USER" like so,

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDUREdave.test (whatever varchar2) AUTHID CURRENT_USER
AS.....

That should do the trick...