Re: Re: performance when inserting into child tables

From: <ryan.gaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 8:30:13 -0400

Here is what I did. I think the part about latch issues with constraint check is it. Next time I do a load, I'll disable the foreign key.

Here is what I did:

  1. insert select of about 7 million records(about 300 MB of data) to the parent table. Took about 2 hours.
  2. Did the exact same thing to the child table. So in this case it set up a 1-1 relationship. I haven't been able to get into the server since yesterday, but last I checked I was about 7 hours in and v$session_longops showed about 35% of the blocks read.

There was absolutely no additional use on the database or the server. I was the only one on it.