Antique hunter - looking for info on insert into partion (union-all) view

From: Don Granaman <granaman_at_cox.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 03:24:20 -0400

The subject line really says it all. Someone I know is seriously considering it and asked me about this v7.3-compatible form of "logical" partitioning (in 9i no less!) with an "instead of " insert trigger on the view. It has been *way* too long. It hasn't been in my memory cache for years and only small fragments even seem to be in "secondary storage". The google mine doesn't yield much of use except for Jonathan's papers like pv.doc, but I haven't yet found the one with any discussion of insert. So, I am now looking for examples or papers. Pointers anyone? Someone must know where some dusty info on this is squirreled away. Perhaps circa 1995? At the Smithsonian? ;-)

Don Granaman
Resurrected OraSaurus