RE: Keeping December partition through the year

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:31:19 -0400

You shouldn't have problems dropping partition 200401 and keeping partition 200312.
The only thing is that if (for any reason) after that you'll try to insert data with January 2004 date, they will go into 200402 partition (if your table is range-partitioned by DATE type column, not list-partitioned by some kind of "month" column).

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com