Re: "google search" using Oracle Text

From: Ivan Chow <ichow2_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 07:28:53 -0400

Jaromir, unless I'm missing something here, with OR, I would still need to build my contains clause. If the users' input string is "RAC Concepts and Administration",

select * from texttable;
TEXTID TEXT

---------- ----------------------------------------
         8 RAC - Real Application Clusters
         9 RAC Concepts and Administration
        10 Oracle9i DBA Administration
        11 Concepts manual
        12 Clustered Database Platform - RAC

select textid, text,score(1) from texttable where contains (text,'RAC Concepts and Administration',1)>1;

TEXTID TEXT                                         SCORE(1)
---------- ----------------------------------------         ----------
         9 RAC Concepts and Administration               5

I would like any occurrences of "RAC", "Concepts" and "Administration" to appear too but I only get one exact match returned above.

To get the rest of the records returned, I have to break up the input string into several OR's and build my SQL dynamically.

ie
select textid, text, score(1) from texttable where contains (text, 'RAC Concepts and Administration|RAC|Concepts|Administration',1)>1 order by score(1);

TEXTID TEXT                                          SCORE(1)
         8 RAC - Real Application Clusters                    5
         9 RAC Concepts and Administration                5
        10 Oracle9i DBA Administration                       5
        11 Concepts manual                                     5
        12 Clustered Database Platform - RAC             5

Now, I have all the records returned. However, the second issue I have is "RAC Concepts and Administration" is not listed first. Records with the exact string match should be listed first.

Any idea how I can execute an Oracle Text query without having to dynamically building the OR clause and also displaying records with the exact match first? I believe Oracle Text should be able to easily handle that but I just do not know how.

Thanks again.

Ivan