Disaster recovery in practice

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:08:33 -0400

I just completed a disaster recovery process. My 20 GB disk that has served me faithfully for years, and contained my home directory, has moved to the next plane of existence. My last backup was from March 1st, and consequently, I've lost some entries of the "friends" list for my spam protection software. Please, do not be alarmed if you receive a confirmation note asking you to confirm your email address or a notice from me saying that your email was inadvertently destroyed and asking you to re-send. As you can see my PC is back up and I was able to restore it to full action without problems. This was only for people that were occasionally sending me private emails. May my beloved 20GB Seagate rest in piece.

--

Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA