Re: Question on diff block sizes in DB

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 14:30:40 -0600

Mike,

With all due respect, the multiple block size feature is intended merely to support transportable tablespaces. Attempting to use it to optimize space or performance is just not very effective.

Pick a block size and stick to it. The best guideline is to match the file-system block size, if you are using file-systems.

Also, I think that it is a mistake to say that this database "will not be using transportable tablespaces". Attempting to predict the future usually causes it to swerve in unexpected directions -- one of the corollaries to Murphy's Law, I think?

Hope this helps...

-Tim