Re: Quick (?) UNIX Question

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_wangtrading.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:44:12 -0400

Drop user sys cascade will not work, because it would hopelessly deadlock itself. I tried it once, just for fun. Version 10 has "drop database" command. If you are giving me "autodestruct" answers, please make sure that the "destruct" part really work. Now, this is somewhat similar to the scene in which roman centurion corrects the graffiti by Brian Cohen, which reads "Romans, go home". So, let me correct the "autodestruct" advice you're going to give me:

Prerequisites

You must have the SYSDBA system privilege to issue this statement. The database must be mounted in exclusive and restricted mode, and it must be closed.

Syntax

drop_database::=
DROP DATABASE; Some things in life are bad
They can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse. When you're chewing on life's gristle
Don't grumble, give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best...

    And...always look on the bright side of life...     Always look on the light side of life...

Above all, remember that the last laugh is on you.