RE: QqRE: RMAN Recovery without Catalog

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 14:21:47 -0400

The data that gets backed up would be the same no matter which option you use. The backup destination would depend on your backup destination as determined by the channel settings. The only thing that in different is what information about the backupsets, etc. and your ability to due go back to a previous incarnation. Like I said, if Oracle was ready to eliminate the catalog, they would have. It makes it so much easier and safer and it really doesn't take up much room.

Ruth