RE: hp help...

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 11:29:15 -0500

Eeep! I know the Installer uses /tmp, but I'm not sure how much. I believe it copies the JRE over and some other OUI stuff. It should only take about 20MB. If there's only 20MB free in /tmp, you've got other problems. Unlike Solaris can, I don't think HPUX considers /tmp to be akin to swap.

I'd look at the resources consumed on the server without running the Installer. If you've got PerfView, I take it you also have GlancePlus? Take a look under "Reports"->"Memory Info"=>"Memory Report", and also "System Info"->"System Tables Report" in gpm to see if the server's running low on resources. I know there's other ways, but I never got used to vmstat and company. Hmmm...I suppose output from a "swapinfo" would also do the trick. :)

I'd also check out the Installer resource usage on a non-production HP box, too, using GlancePlus.

HTH! GL! Rich

Rich Jesse                        System/Database Administrator
rich.jesse_at_quadtechworld.com      QuadTech, Sussex, WI USA

p.s. I know we set our HP systems up that pseudoswap is twice physical memory. I think that's a bit overdoing it, but it would most likely help with your situation.