dataguard

From: David Sharples <dsharples_at_cerebrussolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:26:44 +0100

I have been setting up a test dataguard system on two solaris boxes with 9.2.0.4 according to this docs
(http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96653/cre ate_ls.htm)
Everything seems to work ok, but when I get to this bit:

"Step 4 Verify that data from the redo logs is being applied correctly. On the logical standby database, query the DBA_LOGSTDBY_STATS view to verify that redo data is being applied correctly. For example:

SQL> COLUMN NAME FORMAT A30
SQL> COLUMN VALUE FORMAT A30
SQL> SELECT NAME, VALUE FROM V$LOGSTDBY_STATS WHERE NAME = 'coordinator
state';
NAME                           VALUE

coordinator state INITIALIZING

In the example, the output from the DBA_LOGSTDBY_STATS view shows the coordinator process is in the initialization state. When the coordinator process is initializing, log apply services are preparing to begin SQL apply operations, but data from the redo logs is not being applied to the logical standby database."

It has been sitting on initializing since about 5pm last night (its now 9.30am).

In v$session I see the program LSP0 and it is active and seems to be doing this query for ages

SELECT COUNT(*)
    FROM SYSTEM.LOGMNR_UID$ U, SYSTEM.LOGMNR_DICTSTATE$ D     WHERE U.SESSION# = :1
    AND U.LOGMNR_UID = D.LOGMNR_UID If I run it form the command line putting any value for the bind, it returns right away - so anyone any ideas about why it is taking so long? Only thing it seems to wait on is log file sequential read and control file sequential read - nothing spectacular there.

Thanks

Dave