Re: 10g Standard Edition RAC - Is it Good Enough?

From: Scott <oraracdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:22:34 -0700 (PDT)

Sam, If you want to use the 10g RAC standard edition you cannot exceed 4 CPU's. So you can only have 4 node 1 CPU cluster or 2 node 2 CPU cluster.

I am not 100% sure but I don't think 10G rac (as an option) is downgraded on the standard edtion but database features such as partitioning and bitmap indexes are not included with the standard edition database.

I am not sure about ASSM being included with the Standard Edition but I think it is included. ASSM won't replace your gpfs if you use the gpfs for things other than database datafiles, controlfile and online logfiles.

I have only seen 1 company install the standard edition 10g RAC environment and it worked but they had to migrate to the enterprise edition to accomodate more CPU's in a 2 node cluster. I have not seen major problems with the enterprise edition of 10g RAC and I am working with 2 companys who have been doing some heavy testing on 10g RAC and baring any major problems 1 of these company's may be production on 10g RAC by June.

Scott

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - File online by April 15th http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html